Thursday, December 2, 2010

FET

I woke up to snow, my favorite!!! I consider this to be good luck for our FET!


I am so superstitious that I had to put all these things on:
These are my awesome lucky socks from Amie for this FET:

Here are some pictures of JD and I getting ready for the transfer:


We sat down with the embryologist and the first 2 that he thawed were successful! He said that he liked one better than the other but they were both ok. They try to freeze a higher quality and lower quality embryo (of the ones that qualify for freeze) together that way you arent using all of your best embies in one shot. He said the very best one that they froze we have not used yet because it was frozen alone so that if they thawed 2 and only one survived they could thaw it with confidence it would be a good thaw. So, we have three left frozen after this FET we just did.


Here is the one that he liked better. He said that when they thaw them they expand and sometimes they will reshrink and reexpand a few times and this one had reshrunk a bit.



Here is the other one:



Funny thing is that when we went in for the transfer in the operating room they show you them pick them up and move them on a tv (its so cool that you get to watch!) and by the time we discussed them and got in there the one that had shrunken was reexpanding and the other one was shrinking a little bit. It was neat to see that.
This is a picture of my uterus with the embryos inside right after transfer. The big dark area at the top is my bladder and below it is my uterus and the bright white spot is the embryos!


Here are some post transfer pics:



So, (not to be negative) they said that if this FET does not work we will thaw and hope to transfer three next time and if we need another fresh cycle we will also be transferring 3. This is the last shot with 2.


PLEASE SNUGGLE IN BABIES!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You've been in my prayers all day! I ADORE snow =) so I think it's good luck, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for some sticky beans! Can't wait to hear the good news. Penguins, Snow, FET :)Sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo excited for you! I'm praying :)

    P.S. You guys got way more snow than us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that you guys can see your embryos ahead of time and then once they are in your uterus!! Wow,I am staring IVF in January and am wondering if my clinic has this.
    I'll definitely be thinking of you and dropping in to see your updates! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me get tears in my eyes a little. I think this will be the lucky FET, I can feel it!!!!

    I LOVE that you are staying positive- that's the way to be!!!

    XOXO! Ka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I hope those embies are snuggling in!

    ReplyDelete