Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crafty, Crafty

Sometimes it seems like I have known Amie forever, we just get each other. I am so thankful for her and how our friendship has gotten so strong. I dont know how I would make it through IF without her and for her I am truly thankful.

On tuesday night Amie agreed to lend me her sewing skills and make some curtain with me. I need some light-blocking curtains for the bonus room so that the big screen doesnt have a glare and so its looks nicer!
I picked up some fabric, for 50% off I might add, and got some matching string (aka thread). I went over that night and we cut and pinned these curtains and Amie sewed them for me while teaching me to sew. Then she thought of a great idea, why not make pillows to match with the scraps!!!! So she showed me how to pin them and had me sew them completely myself (with lots of guidance). It all turned out great and now we decided that we need to have weekly (or as often as we can) craft nights!!! How fun, right?! Its a good vent and de-stress time for us.

Here are some pictures:






1 comment: