Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sickness & Christmas

The sunday before my first ultrasound I went to bed feeling perfectly fine around 10:30pm. At 12:00am I woke up with intolerable nausea. I thought to myself "If this is morning sickness I might die". At 12:30 I was vomiting veraciously every 10 minutes. Diarrhea (TMI) set in at about 2:30am. By 4o'clock in the morning I was completely dehydrated and feeling close to death so I told JD that I thought I needed to go to the ER. The truth is that I was really worried about being dehydrated and hurting snowflake. So, after begging for about an hour, he agreed and took me to the ER. When we got there they rushed me to a room and took my vitals. My blood pressure was 140/90 (WAY high for me... my usual is 110/55) and my pulse was over 100. They told me that I was severely dehydrated. They immediately started an IV but could get any blood drawn from it due to my poor veins so they started my fluids and sent the lab down to draw a bunch of blood. No biggie, I am used to that! They ended up giving me 2 liters of fluids and 2 full doses of Zofran to get me to stop vomiting because by the time I was at the hospital there was bloodin my vomit. I was there for a little over 4 hours I think and then I was released home with a script for Zofran. We got home and took a nap and within 45 minutes we woke up and Justin was vomiting. We were both MISERABLY sick and couldnt do anything for the whole day, not even leave bed.
We then had the ultrasound that I posted about before on that wednesday. Friday, Christmas Eve Day, we celebrated christmas with my parents. That morning my mom and I attempted our first hollandaise sauce and eggs benedict!




Breakfast turned out wonderful! After that we opened gifts and my favorite gift, the one I had been hoping for, was under the tree for me! MY SEWING MACHINE!!!!


I told my mom's parents that we are pregnant that day on the phone. They were very excited and my grandmother told me that she was beginning to think that she would never be a great-grandmother. I am so excited to give them their FIRST great-grandkid! Justin and I both got very nice gifts from my parents, they are so generous and we love them so much.
After gift opening we watched Christmas Vacation (my favorite!) and then my mom and I began cooking dinner. The menu consisted of salad, beef tenderloin with a shallot mustard glace, mashed potatoes, broccoli and rolls. Here are some pics of the tenderloin and sauce!


Here is a cute picture I took of JD and Bella that day:


1 comment:

  1. Three things:
    1) I am sorry you were so sick :(
    2) That eggs benedict look AMAZING!
    3) Yay for getting your sewing machine!

    Oh, and xoxoxo (I guess that was actually four things)

    ReplyDelete