Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Let me explain!


Pregnancy, like I already, knew is confusing. For example, your 5th week of pregnancy in from the 4w0d(4 weeks, zero days) until 4w6d. The day you hit 5 weeks starts your sixth week of pregnancy. Get it?

So I know that I am a little late posting this but here is what is going on in the fifth week of pregnancy:
Baby's now the size of an appleseed!
Your embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!

Tomorrow is the last day of my 5th week of pregnancy and I will begin the 6th week. We are very excited to go in for our ultrasound next wednesday and see our little "Snowflake".

I added a new page (or tab) to my blog called "the baby" and this is where you can go to see the pregnancy tickers and the story of why we are calling the baby our Snowflake.

p.s. I know this sounds cheesy but I cant remember the last time I was this happy. I dont think I even realized how "down" and depressed I was before until I was in a different frame of mind.

1 comment: