Sunday, July 18, 2010

2nd monitoring appointment of IUI #5.2

So far so good. My actual doctor was back so it was really good to get to see her for the first time this cycle and to get to ask her some questions.

After the nurse did blood work (which she had trouble doing) we went and did the ultrasound. My lining was 7.6 and needed to be a minimum of 7 so that was good. On the right ovary I had 3 follicles at 11mm, 8mm, and 6mm. On the left ovary I had 3 follicles also at 12mm, 10.5mm, and 9mm. So she was happy with the progress but we need to make sure that all of these follicles dont mature because we cannot do the IUI with any more than 4, at the absolute most, follicles. She had to wait for the blood work to come back to see what we were going to do with my med dosage.

She then had "the IVF talk" with us. We knew this would be coming at some point since we have already done more IUIs than the average couple ever does but I guess I was still surprised. It is scary to know that we have reached the end of the road and our next step is the last option that there is. If IVF doesnt work then we have to live babyless. She said that she was willing to (if we wanted to) do this IUI and one more and then move on to IVF. We are just hoping one of these next two IUIs work and we dont have to go that far. The stress on your body, mind, and life is overwhelming with IVF and we are prepared to do that if needed but we know it will be a struggle. I hope that my body can take it.

So, here we are nearing the end of the road and its scary. I go back on wednesday for another ultrasound and blood work and we will decide if its time to do IUIs this thursday and friday.

2 comments:

  1. First, I wanna say good luck on your IUI!!! I hated having those, and I know it's so stressful and yet you feel so much hope at the same time. I pray that this is your last go-around with infertility treatments!!! Also, I don't know if you're aware of embryo adoption, but I wanted to put a bug in your ear in case you're not. I know for us, IVF wasn't really feasible right now because it costs so much. But embryo adoption is about 1/3 of the cost and you still get to experience pregnancy. Anyway, it's worth looking into, but HOPEFULLY you won't have to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope it all works for you!

    ReplyDelete