Thursday, July 22, 2010

A lot to take in

So I went in for part 1 of my back-to-back iui this morning. My RE came in and started to go through some test results with me for a repeat SA and strict morphology we had done on monday.

The SA looked ok, slighty low motility as usual. Then she said that the strict morphology came back at only 3% and that it should be 5% or higher. I asked when this meant and she said that 3% is really a grey area. She said at 4% they usually try a couple IUIs because there is still a decent chance that they can work. At 1-2% they usually move right to IVF. With 3% she said there is very slight chance that IUI can work but they usually only try one or two. Well this is IUI #5.2 for us.... although our first with her. She said that she thinks that we should move on to IVF with ICSI if we are not pregnant this cycle. She was really nice and really understanding with me. She said that she would do whatever I want to do but that was what she thought would be best.

WHY on earth did my other RE REFUSE to test morphology and waste out time and money. I HATE THE OLD RE OFFICE.... how freakin negligent. I mean SERIOUSLY!

Overall I am mad and kinda scared but excited that it might be the answer too.

So we went ahead and did the first part of my IUI today and I have part 2 tomorrow. I am not feeling like it is going to work at all.. should I be?!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. I found out today that my IUI is on Saturday. Positive thoughts for both of us this cycle. :) As far as not feeling like it's going to work, I've been there. But now I am just deciding to think positively and have hope, and if it doesn't work out, I'll deal with it then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got 3 and not 1 or 2 on the morphology. That's good! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you and I look forward to more good news :)

    ReplyDelete