Sunday, April 18, 2010

Garden Therapy

Today I decided that I needed to do something to get out of my funk! Justin and I went out to lunch and decided to stop by a gardening center and get some flowers for me to pot for the porch. Needless to say I found way more than we went for, as always. I think Justin was less than excited to spend a day working in the yard but he obliged, such a great guy =)
Heres where the yard looked like last year:

All of the porch flowers were annuals and died off so we had to replenish =)

Here are the dwarf alberta pines that I put in pots by the front door:


A pot of Dahlias (which i LOVE):


We planted a new tree in the front yard that has REALLY pretty pink flowers on it:


and a few other:



I also pulled weeds in the flower beds.... one of them LITERALLY had a 2 inch diameter root, I showed Justin and he could NOT believe it! Overall garden therapy went well.

Now we are relaxing and I am mostly sad thinking that he will be gone all week again..... im so tired of him being gone. I have to be at the hospital at 1pm tomorrow for my HSG etc. Hope all goes well. I will be extra sad to come home to an empty house with no Justin in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment